Wonderful E-Bike Tours
in Finland & Spain
Helsinki Wellness E-Bike Tour
Cycling with quality e-bikes in Finnish nature is great. Combine this with delicious food, nice hotels and sauna and spa treatments, and you get a first-class holiday experience. Most of the cycling is on gravel paths and cycling ways, so you don’t have to worry about cars. Unique highlights include Espoo Waterfront Cycle Way and Nuuksio National Park forests, where you can actually cycle along cross-country skiing tracks. The contrasts between Baltic Sea views and deep and silent woods make this a wonderful and varied e-bike tour.
Helsinki Wellness E-Bike Tour
- Start/end: Helsinki, our office
- Duration 3 days, 2 nights
- Highlights: Sea views, Espoo Waterfront Cycle Way, peaceful countryside, Nuuksio National Park forests, Hvitträsk Museum, Bodom Lake area and old mansions, Haltiala farm, Helsinki central park forest cycling, Finnish sauna experience and wellness treatments, swimming in natural waters
- Self-guided (GPS)
- Difficulty: Easy, normal fitness is enough
- June-September, Mon-Sun, 09:00 morning
- Price 380 eur/person, single room supplement is 30 eur/night
- Electric mountain bike, GPS, bike bags, other bike equipment
- Pre-planned route
- Points of Interest (POI’s)
- Accommodations: Wellness hotels
- 24/7 phone support
- Technicl support level: B (see “Info”).
- Meals or drinks (Breakfast is included)
- Tickets to museums, cruises or such
- Flight tickets
- Baggage transfers (you will carry your clothes etc. in two waterproof bike bags, and leave extra stuff with us)
CLICK THIS for daily programme
Day 1 (35 km)
We kindly ask you to arrive at our office at 9:00 in the morning, so we can prepare your e-bikes and brief you about the equipment. When everything is ready, you will start cycling along winding forest paths in Helsinki Central Park. This forest stretches like a green belt all the way from city center to airport. It’s great for commuting, picking berries or just relaxing. Common animals include deer, fox and rabbit. Many of the tracks are used for cross country skiing in winter. Visit the Haltiala fields and Domestic Animal Farm, where you can see cows, sheep, pigs, etc. Just next to the farm is Cafe Wanha Pehtoori, which serves food and drinks in a pretty old house. Strongly recommended! In season, it’s even possible to pick flowers and peas from the city-owned fields. Continue west on cycle ways, and in the afternoon arrive at Lake Bodom district, which has been farmed for centuries. Check in at Kaisankoti Wellness Manor, beautifully situated on old horse ranch grounds from the 17th century. Relax in the sauna and pool facilities. Overnight at Kaisankoti.
Day 2 (30 km)
After a good breakfast you will cycle towards Nuuksio National Park forests, mostly along cross-country skiing tracks. In summer time, these well-maintained gravel tracks offer a unique possibility to cycle deep in the woods. Café Pirttimäki offers excellent cinnamon buns.Take it easy and enjoy the silent woods. There is also a possibility to visit a small forest lake. After you exit the forest, along comes Hvitträsk Museum, which is worth visiting. It was built in 1901 by three of the most prominent Finnish architects. Finish the day with relaxed cycling on small country roads towards the Baltic Sea coast. There awaits Wellness Hotel Långvik, where you can enjoy good food, sauna and spa treatments. Overnight in Långvik.
Day 3 (40 km)
This will be an interesting day. Head east along the coast. Very soon you will be cycling along the Espoo Waterfront Cycle Way. It follows the shoreline only a few meters from the sea, providing great open views. It’s hard to believe you are already inside Helsinki metropolitan area. Enjoy the beaches and cafes on the way. Finish the day at our office and hand over the e-bikes. A memorable tour!
Happy eBikers is a registered travel agency with a security deposit as required by Finnish law.
VAT nro: FI28010729
Registration nro: 1303/16/Mj
Haagan pappilantie 3 B13
00320, Helsinki, Finland
Phone: +358 40 1937 100
Open: 8:00 – 20:00
Photos: Timo Leppäharju & Happy eBikers © Happy eBikers 2017.