Wonderful E-Bike Tours
in Finland & Spain
Helsinki Western Delights E-Bike tour
So you want an interesting bike tour in Finland and not far from Helsinki? Check this out. Old ironworks villages, countryside and sea views, mansions and churches, protected forests… That’s what you find when you ride your e-bike westward from Helsinki. This cycling holiday starts with some unique cycling along well-maintained gravel tracks in Nuuksio National Park. So close to Helsinki, and so deep in Finnish nature. This is something our customers really appreciate. Hard to imagine how we could pack any more great stuff into these five cycling days. A delightful bike tour!
Helsinki Western Delights E-Bike Tour
- Start/end: Helsinki, Happy eBikers office
- Duration: 5 days, 4 nights
- Highlights: Nuuksio National Park, Fiskars village and handcrafts community, Lohja Lake, Snappertuna national landscape, Espoo seaside bike trail, Mustio mansion, Fiskars Brewery, Raasepori old town
- Self-guided (GPS)
- Difficulty: Easy/moderate, some fitness is required. A few steep hills in Nuuksio.
- May-September, Mon-Sun, time 09:00 morning
- Price 615 eur/person, sharing a room. Single room is 30 eur/night extra.
- High quality electric bike, GPS, bike bags, other bike equipment
- Pre-planned route
- Points of Interest (POI’s)
- Accommodations: Bed & Breakfast style
- Phone support
- Technical support level: B (see “Info”). Happy eBikers staff will assist you.
- Meals or drinks (Breakfast is included)
- Tickets to museums, cruises or such
- Flight tickets
- Baggage transfers (Not needed with e-bikes! You will carry your luggage in two waterproof bike bags, and leave extra stuff with us)
CLICK THIS for daily programme
Day 1 (50km)
Please arrive at 8:30 at our office, so we can prepare your e-bikes. When everything is ready, we will transport you to the start, about 20 km west. Then start cycling and head for Nuuksio national park. Have lunch in Haltia Nature Center. We recommend also loading the e-bike batteries. From here, the route follows small roads and tracks, deep into the protected area. Stop for a moment by a small lake and feel the forest all around you. Finish the day in Lohja region.
Day 2 (50km)
After a good breakfast you will cycle southwards keeping Lohja Lake on your right. At about noon you will arrive in Mustio Manor. Take some time to walk the grounds and maybe visit the excellent restaurant. Then continue to Fiskars, a thriving handicrafts village and old ironworks. There are many interesting artisan shops here. Sample some craft beer in Fiskars Brewery. Overnight in Fiskars region.
Day 3 (60km)
Start south and cycle 20km to Raasepori, an idyllic coastal town. Cycling is fun, as many of the gravel roads are private and only allow bicycle passage. In Raasepori, wander through the streets of Barckens Udde, with protected 18-19th century buildings. Smell the sea breeze by the beach. After coffee or lunch continue east to Snappertuna and see the old church and castle. This is one of the Finnish National Landscapes, all the way to Fagervik manor and old ironworks. Overnight in Inkoo.
Day 4 (50km)
Cycle eastwards through fields and forests. Stop in Degerby Deli for refreshments and sit outside this cosy little cafe and enjoy the peacefull summer day. Nearby, about 50m, is Igor Museum, which tells the story of the brief but sad Soviet occupation of these parts after the war. 10 km east in Pikkala it’s possible to rent canoes and have a short paddle in the river delta. There’s also a delightfull swimming place in an old sand quarry. Overnight in Kirkkonummi area.
Day 5 (50km)
In the morning you will enter the Helsinki metropolitan area. Cycle along the unique ”Rantaraitti” pathway only meters from the Baltic Sea. This is world class city cycling. Stop for a swim or just take in the views. Finish the tour at our office.
Happy eBikers is a registered travel agency with a security deposit as required by Finnish law.
VAT nro: FI28010729
Registration nro: 1303/16/Mj
Haagan pappilantie 3 B13
00320, Helsinki, Finland
Phone: +358 40 1937 100
Open: 8:00 – 20:00
Photos: Timo Leppäharju & Happy eBikers © Happy eBikers 2017.